First Waves - The Stories Behind Amazing Women Surfing
At HEXA Surfboard we want to simply reconnect surfers with their roots and values, and being inspired and share stories is a first step towards a more coherent world.
On the occasion of International Women's Day on March 8th, we would like to highlight inspiring women who have one day taken up surfing.
We believe it is essential to have role models, representative of our diversity, to encourage women and girls to take the plunge, and take their first waves.
From this idea was born FIRST WAVES, a format where female surfers, both amateurs and professionals, simply tell us about their first relationship with surfing and how it has changed them.
They are beginners, professionals, activists, mothers, students... They are all different but they share the same passion, surfing. And they could be you!
Check all their stories below:
- LUCY, 21-year-old beginner surfer: blogging from the Mediterranean sea to Bali
- MANON, 27-year-old passionate surfer and ocean cleaner
- KATELL, a 47-year-old superhero: single mom and vice world champion of adaptive surfing
- EMMANUELLE, fearless 48-year-old pro-surfer and inspiring surf coach
- NATSUMI, an authentic 25-year-old pro longboarder from Japan
- JEANNE, a bubbly 23-year-old former water-phobic and active surf developer
- MAELYS, a 17-year-old promising and talented go-getter training at the Pôle France
If you want to share your story with us, send it to us at this email address: email@example.com